152-154 Ewell Road, Dairy Courtyard, Surbiton KT6 6HE

Tradesman Insurance

Tradesman Insurance

Tradesman Insurance to Cover all your requirements

What is Tradesman Insurance?

Do you need Tradesman insurance? As a tradesman you may require this type of policy to cover you against claims made by the public.

You should consider this policy if you are a builder, carpenter, decorator, electrician, plumber or handyman. In other words if you are a sole trader.  Alternatively, does someone else employ you? You should check their policy to see whether you are covered.

Complete Protection for your Trade

There are different types of policies to consider as a tradesman. For instance:

  • You may wish to take out public liability insurance. This could protect you against claims made by members of the public. For example, you could damage their property. Also there could be injuries in connection with your work.
  • Another type of insurance you may wish to consider is employers’ liability. Firstly, you are required legally to have this policy if you employ staff. Secondly, it can protect you as the employer if you owe compensation.
  • Professional indemnity insurance. This could provide you with protection in the event your client accuses you of offering damaging advice.

Whether on your own property or your clients’ home, you need protection!

For example, a client could trip on your equipment and you could be facing a claim. Small errors may punish you in this trade. Therefore, it makes sense for you to take out a policy. This can be comfort for you, that you are covered.


What type of tradesman insurance do I need?
There are a number of factors to consider. This depends on the nature of your work and what level of protection you require. Give us a call and we will run through the options.
What details do I need to provide to get a quote?
Details of the nature of the work
Tools and equipment
Level of cover required
Should I pay monthly or annually?
It is cheaper to pay for insurance annually. If paying monthly, we use an external company, Premium Credit, which pay the insurance and then charge you over a 10 month period adding on 9.5% interest.

Image of tradesman for Tradesman Insurance

Surrey Independent Advisers are authorised & regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Our FCA Register number is 228148. You can check this on the FCA’s Register by visiting the FCA’s website or by contacting the FCA on 0300 500 0597. | Terms of Business | Privacy Policy. Designed By RJ Web Designs