152-154 Ewell Road, Dairy Courtyard, Surbiton KT6 6HE

Shop Insurance

Shop Insurance

Perfect protection for your shop.

Complete Protection for your Shop

Shop insurance is a type of cover that you may wish to consider. This type of policy could protect you from different risks or claims that you may come across. For instance, you could have staff that cause damage to products. Also there could be the possibility that customers could injure themselves or become ill from something you have sold.

Therefore this policy is here to suit you, as a business that is responsible for staff, buildings, contents and employees.

Why you should get Shop Insurance?

You may be looking at insurance for your shop. There are certain types of insurance that are required and others that are recommended. For example you will have to have a employers’ liability policy as it’s legally required if you employ staff. This insurance will protect your shop against the compensation due if employees suffer illness or injury.

As the shop is your business, you will want to protect it against possible harm. You may have stock that you have on your premises. These are the type of goods that may be subject to theft or damage. So you will want to take out a policy that will protect you against these possible risks.

Another type of policy you may wish to consider is a public liability policy for your shop. This may protect you if members of the public become ill or injure themselves on your premises.

You may also wish to consider business interruption insurance. For instance, if you suffered from flooding or a fire in your shop. This type of policy would cover you against the loss of income from lack of sales.

Another policy you may also wish to consider is building and contents insurance. For example, if there were a fire or flooding. You could use this policy to claim compensation on equipment and stock in the shop or compensation to repair the building.


What type of insurance do I need?
You require employee liability insurance as this is a legal requirement. Also if you own the building of your shop you may want to consider buildings and contents insurance. Also public liability may be of use to you if interacting with the public in your store.
Should I pay monthly or annually?
It is cheaper to pay for insurance annually. If paying monthly, we use an external company, Premium Credit, which pay the insurance and then charge you over a 10 month period adding on 9.5% interest.

Image of card transaction for Shop Insurance

Surrey Independent Advisers are authorised & regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Our FCA Register number is 228148. You can check this on the FCA’s Register by visiting the FCA’s website or by contacting the FCA on 0300 500 0597. | Terms of Business | Privacy Policy. Designed By RJ Web Designs