152-154 Ewell Road, Dairy Courtyard, Surbiton KT6 6HE

Property Insurance

Property Insurance

A policy to protect your business property

Complete Protection for your Property

Commercial Property Insurance protects your company’s physical assets from unexpected events such as fire, floods, theft, and vandalism.

Are you are the owner of the building in which you operate the business from? Or are you renting the premises? .  Above all, you want to look after your investment by protecting the bricks and mortar of the building.

What type of property insurance do you need?

When you take out property insurance, there are two types you can get. Firstly, buildings insurance. Secondly, contents insurance.

When taking out a buildings policy, this will cover certain aspects of the property. For Example:

  • Burst Pipes – if you were to suffer a leak on the property, this could cause damage to your building.
  • Flooding – similarly to burst pipes with mass amounts of water in your property.
  • Fire – damage has be done to your property, whether this is from faulty equipment or other causes.
  • Storms – weather conditions can cause problems for your building. For instance, a heavy storm may hit and cause damage to the structure of the building.
  • Theft – for instance, you could be subject to loss of property by thieves.


The other type of insurance that falls under your property policy is contents insurance. For example, this could be desks, chairs or stationary equipment. In addition, this could include computers and laptops. However if you are not the owner of the business, the contents insurance would be your tenants responsibility.

Depending on the building type, you may have fixtures and fittings which do not belong to the building. However, these can still be protected even though they are not classed as stock either.


What type of property insurance do I need?
This depends whether you are renting or own the building. If you are renting please check with the property owner as to what is covered.
The contents cover you will require will be dependent on the stock and equipment within the property. Please give us a call and we will help find the correct policy for you.
What details do I need to provide to get a quote?
The rebuild value of your premises.
Details of the property.
The level of cover you need.
Should I pay monthly or annually?
It is cheaper to pay for insurance annually. If paying monthly, we use an external company, Premium Credit, which pay the insurance and then charge you over a 10 month period adding on 9.5% interest.

Image of house to signify Property Insurance

Surrey Independent Advisers are authorised & regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Our FCA Register number is 228148. You can check this on the FCA’s Register by visiting the FCA’s website or by contacting the FCA on 0300 500 0597. | Terms of Business | Privacy Policy. Designed By RJ Web Designs