152-154 Ewell Road, Dairy Courtyard, Surbiton KT6 6HE

Professional Indemnity Insurance

Professional Indemnity Insurance

Professional Indemnity Policies to Cover all your requirements

Complete Professional Indemnity Insurance Protection

Professional Indemnity Insurance is also known as PI. This can provide protection for you against claims made by customers. This type of policy can protect you from these losses therefore reducing the risk to your business. You may wish to consider this policy if your business works with advising clients.

If your work causes either loss or damage to a customer. They may seek compensation. For example:

  • If you were to cause an injury to a customer.
  • There was damage to their property, from work you carried out. Therefore they needed to seek out repairs.
  • If you shared information that was related to a customer. If this took place without their permission.
  • Maybe you provided the wrong advice or info to a customer. Subsequently leading to a loss.
  • Or you gave negative comments about the customers reputation.

You may not require this policy. However, it may be something you may wish to consider. Due to the protection it can offer, you may consider this policy if you work for a company that offers knowledge, skills or advice. In jobs such as accounting, solicitor or engineering. You are more likely to see the benefit of this policy.

Are you going to need Professional Indemnity Insurance?

In certain jobs you may be required to have this policy. For instance if you want to be part of the professional body. In addition your work may require you to have this type of insurance. For example if you are a:

  • Solicitor
  • Accountant
  • Financial Advisor
  • Construction Worker
  • Designer
  • Engineer
  • Educator
  • Coach / Trainer

Things you should consider?

If you choose to take out this type of policy, it only covers you for the time that you are insured. In other words you cannot use it for previous claims before the insurance started. Things you should consider when looking at a policy are:

  • The type of business you are. To make sure you are only paying for the areas your really need.
  • The amount of cover you need. Take into consideration how much cover you may need. However the higher amount of cover you need, the more expensive the policy may be.
  • How much excess you require. In other words ensuring your able to cover cover the excess. Also whether it’s worth making the claim in the first place.
  • Past Satisfaction. Whether the payout rate is good in past cases. In other words have other customers received their money quickly. Thus getting the finance they need.


Do I need Professional Indemnity Insurance?
If you are working for yourself then you may need professional indemnity insurance. If you are working in an organisation please check with your employer.
Should I pay monthly or annually?
It is cheaper to pay for insurance annually. If paying monthly, we use an external company, Premium Credit, which pay the insurance and then charge you over a 10 month period adding on 9.5% interest.

Picture of hand shake for Professional Indemnity Insurance

Surrey Independent Advisers are authorised & regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Our FCA Register number is 228148. You can check this on the FCA’s Register by visiting the FCA’s website or by contacting the FCA on 0300 500 0597. | Terms of Business | Privacy Policy. Designed By RJ Web Designs