152-154 Ewell Road, Dairy Courtyard, Surbiton KT6 6HE

Office Insurance

Office Insurance

Protecting your business against unexpected events

Complete Protection for your Office

Office insurance could protect your business against unexpected events in the workplace. For example, this could include loss due to theft or a fire or flood on the premises. This policy can also cover against the cost of any legal claims made by your employees or the public.

Office insurance you may need?

When considering a policy for your office, there may be different types you may wish to consider.

  • Premises and Equipment – You may own the office building where you work. In addition to the contents of that building.
  • Reputation – You may wish to consider professional indemnity insurance for your business. You will then be protected if you are sued. Therefore it covers legal costs and expenses to defend your business in most circumstances. For example, you may be perceived to have handed out incorrect advice.
  • Finance – You may wish to add protection for your business against events that may limit your trading ability.
  • People – If you have one or more employee it is a legal requirement to have employee liability insurance. If you have the public coming into your office you may wish to also consider public liability insurance.


There are certain things that you may wish to consider when looking at office insurance. For example:

  • What your business does
  • Your turnover
  • Amount of staff
  • Customers on the premises
  • Equipment and furniture in your office


If you own the office property, you will need to protect the building with property insurance. For instance, fire or bad weather could cause damage to your property and you may need to seek repairs. You can claim for these repairs to your office building. This could be for small repairs or for full rebuilding.

Contents Insurance covers anything that you would take with you if you moved premises. Such as Desk, chairs or computers.


What type of insurance do i need?
This depends whether you are renting or you own the premises. If you are renting please check with the property owner as to what is covered.
The contents cover will depend on the amount of equipment and furniture.
Public and private liability will be determined by the number of customers and staff.
Please give us a call and we will help find the correct policy for you.
What details do I need to provide to get a quote?
The rebuild value of your office
Details of the property
The level of cover you need
Should I pay monthly or annually?
It is cheaper to pay for insurance annually. If paying monthly, we use an external company, Premium Credit, which pay the insurance and then charge you over a 10 month period adding on 9.5% interest.

Image of laptop to advertise Office Insurance

Surrey Independent Advisers are authorised & regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Our FCA Register number is 228148. You can check this on the FCA’s Register by visiting the FCA’s website or by contacting the FCA on 0300 500 0597. | Terms of Business | Privacy Policy. Designed By RJ Web Designs