Motorhome Insurance is a policy that is designed to help you protect your motorhome. A motorhome is a type of vehicle that provides transport and also an area to live. You may have a large motorhome or you may have a smaller model. However this policy is here to cover any size.
When you are looking at this type of policy, you may have questions about the possible costs. There is a number of variables that could effect the price. For instance, some questions you may need to ask.
- How old you are?
- Where do you live?
- Do you have insurance claims from the past?
- How long have you been driving a motorhome?
- Are you the only driver on the policy?
What is the difference between a motorhome and a campervan? Firstly a motorhome is bigger than a campervan, generally with more storage. Secondly, the two vehicles have different areas. In other words there is one area for driving and another for living. Another feature could be the over cab space which may contain a double bed.
It is a legal requirement to have this type of insurance? The answer is yes. The only way you would not have to take out this policy, is if you have declared the vehicle off road.
There are different types of motorhome insurance that you may wish to consider for example:
- Third Party – You may wish to take this type of policy out, if you want to protect yourself against the costs of compensating the other vehicle, in an accident.
- Third party, fire and theft – you may find this policy similar to third party, however it would also cover you if your motorhome is stolen, damaged or destroyed by fire.
- Fully Comprehensive – You are most likely to consider this type of policy. This is because it will cover your own vehicle also if it is your fault. This could be from accidental damage.
Caravan Details – Make, Model and Age.
Contents – Details of what is stored within the Motorhome.