152-154 Ewell Road, Dairy Courtyard, Surbiton KT6 6HE

Motor Fleet Insurance

Motor Fleet Insurance

To Cover two or more vehicles by the same business.

Complete Protection for your Motor Fleet

Motor Fleet Insurance is a policy that can cover two or more vehicles owned by your business. With a motor fleet policy you don’t have to register the same makes and models. However, when you take out insurance for a motor fleet, you will have to provide details for each vehicle.

As a business owner you may find fleet insurance beneficial. This is because having many insurance policies can be stressful. With this policy, you can have all policies joint with a single renewal date. In other words you are keeping all your policies together opposed to having separate policies.

Motor Fleet Insurance benefits for you?

Fleet policies vary dependant on the cover you choose. For example, van cover is similar to car cover. However, if you want the van for work purposes you would need to purchase a different policy that specialises in commercial van insurance.

You can consider the different types of commercial van insurance, for example:

  • Carrying of Goods – If you use your van to carry goods for your business, whether this be tools or stock. For instance, you could work for a trade such as a builder, plumber, etc.
  • Haulage – If you use the van to carry someone else goods. For example, you could be a delivery driver.

If you run a business you may have a number of drivers. You can choose at that point to list their names individually on the policy. Alternatively, you can choose to list them as ‘any driver’ which is a more flexible option. This option would however be more expensive for your business. The fewer drivers you have on your policy the cheaper it will be.


Is fleet insurance compulsory?
If your vehicles are on the road, they need to be insured. It is a legal necessity to have vehicle insurance unless you are keeping your vehicle on private land.
What details do I need to provide to get a quote?
Vehicles – Car Registration or Make, Model and Age.
Drivers – Details of drivers.
Accidents, Previous claims, and Convictions over the past five years.
Should I pay monthly or annually?
It is cheaper to pay for insurance annually. If paying monthly, we use an external company, Premium Credit, which pay the insurance and then charge you over a 10 month period adding on 9.5% interest.

Image representation of Motor Fleet Insurance

Surrey Independent Advisers are authorised & regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Our FCA Register number is 228148. You can check this on the FCA’s Register by visiting the FCA’s website or by contacting the FCA on 0300 500 0597. | Terms of Business | Privacy Policy. Designed By RJ Web Designs