152-154 Ewell Road, Dairy Courtyard, Surbiton KT6 6HE

Employers Liability Insurance

Employers Liability Insurance

Protecting your employees in the best possible way.

Complete Protection for your Employees

Employers Liability Insurance is a legal requirement for your business when employing staff. In short, this Policy can protect employers and employees. For instance, if an employee gets injured at work or becomes ill as a result of working. This Policy would cover your business against possible loss.

This type of policy could also protect the employer, against former employees that have become ill, from work they carried out in your workplace. As long as they can be prove it was a result of working for you.

Health and safety states it is your duty as an employer to protect the welfare of your employees.

Do you need Employers Liability Insurance?

If you are an employer of staff whether this be just one person or more, legally you must have this insurance.

Reasons you don’t need this policy?

  • If you do not employee staff.
  • Employees are family members.
  • Employees are abroad. (Check other local government guidelines)


People you may need to cover?

  • A Temporary Employee. In brief, one that works at a business for a short time scale.
  • A Part-time worker. Someone who works a few hour a week for the business.
  • A student that is working for you. Whether they are also studying or just on work experience.
  • Volunteers that choose to for work you without pay. However, they still need cover.


However contractors and subcontractors slightly different rules apply:

  • Some Contractors you may have to cover with this policy, but this varies between cases so check with the insurance provider.
  • Some Subcontractors will work with equipment that was provided by you. Therefore, you will not have to cover them. However, if they use their own equipment, generally, they will not have to be covered by you. But check with the insurance provided first.


What type of Employers Liability Insurance do I need?
This very much depends on the nature of your business and size of the workforce. Please give us a call to discuss the best options for your company.
Should I pay monthly or annually?
It is cheaper to pay for insurance annually. If paying monthly, we use an external company, Premium Credit, which pay the insurance and then charge you over a 10 month period adding on 9.5% interest.
Do I Need Employee Liability?
If you have staff, you do require this type of insurance as it is a legal requirement.

Image of Staff Working for Employee Liability Insurance

Surrey Independent Advisers are authorised & regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Our FCA Register number is 228148. You can check this on the FCA’s Register by visiting the FCA’s website or by contacting the FCA on 0300 500 0597. | Terms of Business | Privacy Policy. Designed By RJ Web Designs