Caravan insurance can ensure your mobile home is covered whether it is stationary or on the move.
There are different types of Caravan and Motorhome cover. For example,
Touring Caravan. This kind of arrangement is for those that like to move around. Most policies cover fire, theft, vandalism and accidental damage. Some policies will also include contents cover.
Static Caravan. This kind of policy is for those that like to leave their caravan in one place. Most policies cover fire, theft, vandalism and accidental damage. Some policies will also include contents cover. However it is best to check with your insurer.
Motorhome. This kind of arrangement is for motorhome owners.
Legally you do not require a policy to cover your caravan. You may want to take out a policy to give you the financial protection. You may think, do I need a policy then? The answer is, it’s up to you. However an example to why you may take this policy out is as follows. For example you suffer an accident while driving along the motorway. You are towing your caravan. You may damage both vehicles. Your insurance will only cover your car and the other person involved in the crash, depending on the policy you have. In other words a specialist policy will give you a layer of protection.
What other benefits could caravan insurance offer me?
- Could protect you if your caravan was stolen. For example, you may leave it at a caravan or campsite, it may be stolen at this time.
- Someone might break into your caravan. You could lose possessions.
- Damage to the inside of your caravan could occur. For example due to fire or a leak.
- External damage to your caravan could also occur. Such as damage by a storm.
- Your caravan could cause an injury to members of the public.
Caravan Details – Make, Model and Age.
Contents – Details of what is stored within the Caravan.