152-154 Ewell Road, Dairy Courtyard, Surbiton KT6 6HE

Car Insurance

Car Insurance

A policy to cover your cars needs

Complete Protection for Car

Car insurance can protect your vehicle against possible damage costs associated with your car. Do I need this type of insurance? Yes, you will require a policy for your car to legally drive on the road. You will not need car insurance if your vehicle is declared off road (SORN) or you keep your vehicle on private property. You have different types of car insurance to consider.

For example, there are three types of car policy.

  • Third party
  • Third party, fire and theft
  • Fully comprehensive

What cover does Car Insurance give me?

Depending on what type of insurance you take out, depends on what types of cover you get. For example, the policy on your vehicle could contain cover for:

  • Injuries- You may suffer an injury due to an accident, or you may cause an injury to another person.
  • Damage- You may cause damage to your vehicle, or you may also cause damage to someone else’s vehicle.
  • Property-  You may cause damage to property. For example your vehicle may strike someone else’s building.

Which type of policy do I need?

Third party only covers you for injury or damage that you may cause to other people. This is a legal requirement and is the minimum level of cover.

Third party, fire and theft is another policy you may look at. You may damage another vehicle and be liable. It can also provide protection if your car is stolen or damaged by fire.

Fully comprehensive provides the most complete cover. However, comprehensive insurance is not always the most expensive type of car insurance. Fully comp will cover you for third party fire and theft but also any damage caused to your car whilst driving. In addition, it can provide compensation for medial treatment, legal expenses and accidental damage.


Is car insurance compulsory?
It is a legal necessity to have car insurance unless you are keeping your vehicle on private land. If you are found without car insurance, you could be liable for a minimum of a £300 fine along with six penalty points.
What type of car insurance do I need?
We would advise taking out fully comprehensive car insurance. Third party insurance is perceived as being cheaper than fully comp because it provides less cover however this is rarely the case. Fully comprehensive car insurance is the most complete level of cover you can get for your car. It provides protection for accidental damage, fire, theft and any damage to third party property in the event of an accident. It can also cover injury claims.
What details do I need to provide to get a quote?
Personal Details – Name, Age and Profession.
Vehicles – Car Registration or Make, Model and Age.
Car Usage – Work or Pleasure.
Additional Driver – Details of any other drivers.
Driving History – Accidents, Previous claims, and Convictions over the past five years.
No claims (if applicable) – Proof from your current insurer of how many years without a claim.
Should I pay monthly or annually?
It is cheaper to pay for insurance annually. If paying monthly, we use an external company, Premium Credit, which pay the insurance and then charge you over a 10 month period adding on approximately 9.5% interest.

Visual image of a Car to show Car Insurance

Surrey Independent Advisers are authorised & regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Our FCA Register number is 228148. You can check this on the FCA’s Register by visiting the FCA’s website or by contacting the FCA on 0300 500 0597. | Terms of Business | Privacy Policy. Designed By RJ Web Designs